The country that is german-speaking of has a place of 83,871km2 when you look at the old continent of Europe. Its among the richest nations on the planet by per capita GDP terms, and between the many effective economies in europe.
International people can put on for the Austrian Schengen Visa since 1997 whenever Austria as an EU Member State also became a known user state regarding the Schengen Area. In 2017 alone, 304,556 visa that is short-term were filed during the Austrian embassies/consulates throughout the world. It’s estimated that 38.6 million tourists, including EU nationals, visited the united states within the exact same 12 months.
Austria Entry Needs
Non-EU nationals, whenever arriving during the Austrian slot of entry, will need to provide some travel and recognition papers towards the border officer that is austrian. These papers are the following:
- A passport that is valid travel document. Issued within the last a decade plus it ought to be legitimate for at the least three months after your date of departure.
- A visa – if you should be at the mercy of Austrian visa regime.
Take note that the border that is austrian holds the last choice whether you need to be permitted to enter Austria or otherwise not. The edge official will check always your papers that will ask you a questions that are few your day at Austria like:
- What exactly is your reason for visiting Austria?
- Just how long do you really intend in which to stay Austria?
- Where might you stay static in Austria? Etcetera.
If every thing appears ok, you will be permitted to enter Austria, and so the Schengen region.
Please, be sure that the border that is austrian stamps your passport once you enter the Schengen area. Without having a stamp, you may be fined or detained from Austria.